The United Nations Society Nuremberg e.V. has the pleasure of inviting you to the upcoming
Bayern Model United Nations
February 20th – 22nd 2015 in Neuendettelsau (Bavaria, Germany).
Experience the tense atmosphere in a large committee.
Practice negotiating together with a committee partner.
Enhance your negotiation tactics and presentation skills.
bayernMUN is a Model UN conference that offers
- great facilities
- challenging topics
- a competent Chair
- an environment conducive to professional negotiations.
bayernMUN offers a rewarding Model UN experience by allowing you to work and negotiate together with a colleague delegate, representing the diplomatic interest of your chosen country in a large committee. Our competent conference staff will ensure fair and interesting negotiations, always with an open ear for your needs.
- Effective teamwork with your partner
- Self-confidence in negotiations with large groups of delegates
- Routine with the Rules of Procedure
- Delivering speeches in front of a large committee
- Enjoying the company of many like-minded students in the same situation as yours
For many participants, bayernMUN also serves as a preparatory meeting to the annual National Model United Nations (NMUN) in New York City. Your participation at bayernMUN will enhance your personal experience and your team’s success in New York.
You can currently register online. The registration period ends February 6th 2015.
Due to the high number of registrations, available places will be reserved after payment has been received on a first-come, first-served basis.
Participation with a committee partner is highly encouraged, as it will provide you with valuable teamwork experience and practice. In this case, registration of both delegates is necessary.
Successful negotiations don’t end with formal debate. That’s why
- bayernMUN provides excellent hotel accommodation close to the venue
- We provide breakfast, lunch, and dinner, as well as snacks and beverages during sessions
- There will be opportunities to socialize after the official conference hours
bayernMUN operates on a non-profit basis. Costs cover actual expenses.
The fee of 139€ includes participation, conference materials, accommodation, full board, snacks and beverages during sessions!
The 2015 bayernMUN conference will be held in Neuendettelsau (near Nuremberg). Accommodations are located close to the conference hall.
Make sure to take a look at our “Discover Nuremberg” special offer: A one-day/one-night additional package that offers our participants a short but comprehensive introduction to this wonderful city with its beautiful medieval flair and rich history!
The provisional agenda of the 2015 bayernMUN is as follows:
- Intensification Of Efforts To Eliminate All Forms Of Violence Against Women
- Measures To Prevent Terrorists From Acquiring Weapons Of Mass Destruction
- The Syrian Refugee Crisis
Background information for these topics is made available to registered participants prior to the conference. To make such a wide variety of topics accessible in a single committee, the bayernMUN conference will be simulating the General Assembly Plenary.
If you have any questions concerning bayernMUN, please look at our FAQ (frequently asked questions) first. If your question is not answered there, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the bayernMUN conference in Neuendettelsau!