Friday, 26th February
12:00 pm Virtual Conference Portals Open
01:00 pm Introduction to Rules of Procedure & Overview of Online Tools (optional)
02:00 pm Opening Ceremony
02:30 pm Panel Discussion “The Death of the European Idea? – Multilateralism in the 21st century”
04:15 pm Committee Sessions I
06:30 pm Dinner break
07:30 pm Committee Session II
09:00 pm End of Day One
Saturday, 27th February
09:30 am Committee Session III
12:00 pm Lunch Break
01:30 pm Committee Session IV
03:30 pm Break
04:00 pm Committee Session V (including breaks)
06:30 pm Dinner break
08:00 pm Social Event (optional)
Sunday, 28th February
09:30 am Committee Session VI
12:00 pm Lunch Break
01:30 pm Committee Session VII
03:00 pm Break
03:30 pm Awards and Closing Ceremony
04:30 pm End of the Conference
Committees and Topics
In 2021, BayernMUN is simulating two committees, the General Assembly and the Security Council. Delegations of two are encouraged but not mandatory for the General Assembly and not possible in the Security Council.
TOPIC 1: Using Nuclear Technology to Achieve the SDGs
TOPIC 2: Migration and Human Rights
TOPIC 1: Resource Scarcity and Its Relation to Conflict
TOPIC 2: The Situation in Yemen
Find the Background-Guides for the topics under Downloads.
NOTE: In the first formal session, there will be a vote about the agenda for the conference, this means the order of the agenda could be changed.
Our country assignment process starts on Sunday, 6 December, at 8pm. As we are simulating two committees in Nuremberg, the General Assembly (58 participants) and the Security Council (14 participants), and one General Assembly online, the process is split into three steps/time windows:
- Sunday 6 December 8pm to 10pm (MEZ)
1st Round Security Council (Nuremberg only) – Max. One Delegate per Country
- Sunday 13 December 8pm to 10pm (MEZ)
1st Round General Assembly (Nuremberg/Online) – Max. Two Delegates per Country
- Tuesday 15 December 8am (MEZ)
2nd Round General Assembly & Security Council (remaining seats)
You can access the country assignment form in your personal “MyBayernMUN” account which is created during the registration process.
We try to accommodate everybody’s preferences, however we cannot guarantee a seat on the Security Council for every applicant. If the situation in February does not allow an in-person conference, we are going to merge both General Assemblies online. Therefore, we will only assign a country once within both General Assemblies.
All clothing must adhere to guidelines that portray professionalism and modesty.
• Standard delegate attire for the conference is business jacket, slacks/skirt, dress shirt (with tie for men) and dress shoes.
• Dress sweaters, jeans, sneakers, and sunglasses are considered too casual. Clothes that expose excessive bare skin or are otherwise revealing are inappropriate.
• It is not appropriate for delegates to display any national symbols such as flags, pins, crests, etc. on their person during sessions. UN symbols are acceptable.
• Western business dress is preferred. Traditional dress is only permitted for international delegates in whose native countries professional business dress includes traditional cultural dress. BayernMUN will not tolerate any delegate’s attempt to portray a “character” using traditional cultural attire as a costume.
Please adhere to the dress code and code of conduct of the United Nations. International business attire and diplomatic decorum is mandatory during sessions.
The chair reserves the right to sanction delegates who are not dressed properly. A dress code guide for BayernMUN is available by going to “Downloads”.
The dress code for the online conference is
still subject to changes.
BayernMUN issues a total amount of eleven awards in three different categories:
1. The Chair Awards will be distributed by the Dais. Areas of evaluation are remaining “in character”, Participating in committee and Proper use of the Rules of Procedure.
2. The Peer-Awards are distributed by the committee. During the last day, each present delegation may vote for the delegetations, they consider most successful.
3. The Position Papers will be read by a special committe, which will chose the best written and researched papers. To participate for this award you will have to hand in your Position Paper on time.
Detailed information on award criteria will follow soon.
Age and participants
BayernMUN is open for university students aswell as for school students. Participation without supervision is only possible for delegates who are older than 16 years at the time of the conference. Students younger than 16 years will have to be supervised by a teacher or any other adult. Please contact the secretariat in this case. The participation in social activities in the evenings might be restricted for delegates under 18 years.
Virtual Social Events
More information will be announced.
Being close to the famous city of Nuremberg, we offer participants an additional touristic program before the conference starts. Let us introduce you to a charming and lively medieval city with a huge range of thrilling historic impacts.
- the city of the first assembly of nobles under several German Kings in the Middle Ages;
- the city that has better than others reconstructed the medieval flair of a vivid center of merchandizing, the arts and craftsmenship;
- the city of Albrecht Dürer, the famous painter and contemporary of Martin Luther;
- the place where Adolf Hitler celebrated the annual conventions of his Nazi movement, called Reichsparteitage and where the Nazi leaders were trialed and found their just punishment after the end of World War II;
- a city that prides itself nowadays with being the City of HUMAN RIGHTS and that engages in many activities promoting the idea of HUMAN RIGHTS;
- a city with the skyline of its impressive world famous medieval castle called the Kaiserburg, the Emperors’ castle;
- a hospitable city with a huge amount of very traditional as well as en vogue gastronomy, famous beers and ambitious cuisine.
Please be aware that there can’t be a staff member with you at every stage of the “Discover Nuremberg” program. This offer is intended for participants of the BayernMUN conference and is organized on a non-profit basis. Are you interested? Please contact us!
History of BayernMUN
BayernMUN was founded in 2011. It first started with the local name of the region of northern bavaria around of Nuremberg “Franken” (engl.: franconia) and was called “FrankenMUN”. As the conference became bigger and more international the name was soon changed to the well known word “Bayern” (engl.: bavaria), and was renamed to what we know today as “BayernMUN”. After switching the location from Neuendettelsau to Nuremberg and accomplishing a larger reform of the conference in structure, design and professionality in 2016/2017 the conference has the appearance it has today. BayernMUN is especially known for its quality in chair, organisation and rules of procedure among the German and European world of Model UN.
The following criteria are used by the conference staff to evaluate Position Papers:
- Overall quality of writing, formatting (see PP Guide/template), grammar, etc.
- Citation of relevant regional, national, and international resolutions/documents
- General consistency with geopolitical positions and constraints
- Consistency with the constraints of the UN and the committee in particular
- Analysis of issues and the use of original research
- Proposed solutions and recommendations
Please submit all papers by 15th February 2021, 12pm as PDF documents and name the file: Committee_Countryname
(f.e. SC_Franconia, GA_Bavaria)
We will make all position papers available for download to all registered delegates at the latest one week before the conference starts.
You can find the template for the position papers HERE