Friday, 25th February
12:00 pm Virtual Conference Portals Open
01:00 pm Introduction to Rules of Procedure (optional)
02:00 pm Opening Ceremony
02:30 pm Panel Discussion “Nationalism vs Globalism – A delicate balance”
04:15 pm Committee Session I
06:30 pm Break
07:30 pm Committee Session II
09:00 pm End of Day One
Saturday, 26th February
09:30 am Committee Session III
12:00 pm Break
01:30 pm Committee Session IV
03:30 pm Break
04:00 pm Committee Session V
06:30 pm Break
08:00 pm Social Event (optional)
Sunday, 27th February
09:30 am Committee Session VI
12:00 pm Break
01:30 pm Committee Session VII
03:00 pm Break
03:30 pm Awards and Closing Ceremony
04:30 pm End of the Conference
Committees and Topics
In 2022, BayernMUN is simulating one committee, the United Nations General Assembly. Delegations of two are encouraged but not mandatory.
TOPIC 1: Eliminating Human Trafficking of Women, Girls, and Gender and Sexual Minorities
TOPIC 2: Measures to Strengthen International Counter-Terrorism Efforts
TOPIC 3: Leveraging Climate Action for Sustainable Development
During the first formal session a vote will be held to determine the conference-agenda. The order of the agenda might thus be subject to change.
BayernMUN issues a total of eleven awards in three different categories:
1. The Chair Awards will be distributed by the Dais and the staff. Areas of evaluation are remaining “in character”, participating in committee and proper use of the Rules of Procedure.
2. The Peer Awards are distributed by the committee. During the last day, each present delegation may vote for the delegations, they consider most successful.
3. The Position Papers will be read by a special committee, which will choose the best written and researched papers. To participate for this award you will have to hand in your Position Paper on time.
Due to BayernMUN 2022 taking place online, the awards will be send to the recipients via mail after the conference.
The following criteria are used by the conference staff to evaluate Position Papers:
- Overall quality of writing, formatting (see PP Guide/template), grammar, etc.
- Citation of relevant regional, national, and international resolutions/documents
- General consistency with geopolitical positions and constraints
- Consistency with the constraints of the UN and the committee in particular
- Analysis of issues and the use of original research
- Proposed solutions and recommendations
Please submit all papers by 1st of February 2022, 12 pm (UTC+1hr) as PDF documents and name the file: Position Paper_Countryname
(e.g. Position Paper_Bavaria)
We will make all position papers available for download to all registered delegates at the latest one week before the conference starts.
You can find the template for the position papers HERE
On Saturday evening we will be offering a social event, which is not mandatory for the delegates to participate in, but will present a perfect chance for them to get to know their fellow delegates personally. It will also take place on Gatherly. At the beginning everyone will get a get-to-know bingo sheet which they need to complete during the social event. During the social event the participants can either choose between five different games (Skribbl, Garticphone, Cards Against Humanity, Among Us, Codenames) or they can simply socialize with their fellow delegates.
All clothing must adhere to guidelines that portray professionalism and modesty.
- Standard delegate attire for the conference is business jacket, slacks/skirt, dress shirt (with a tie for men) and dress shoes.
- Western business dress is preferred.
- Traditional dress is only permitted for international delegates in whose native countries professional business dress includes traditional cultural dress. BayernMUN will not tolerate any delegate’s attempt to portray a “character” using traditional cultural attire as a costume.
- Dress sweaters, jeans, sneakers, and sunglasses are considered too casual.
- Clothes that expose excessive bare skin or are otherwise revealing are inappropriate.
- It is not appropriate for delegates to display any national symbols such as flags, pins, crests, etc. on their person during sessions. UN symbols are acceptable.
Please adhere to the dress code and code of conduct of the United Nations. International business attire and diplomatic decorum is mandatory during online sessions.
The chair reserves the right to sanction delegates who are not dressed properly. A dress code guide for BayernMUN is available by going to Downloads.
History of BayernMUN
BayernMUN was founded in 2011. It first started with the local name of the region of northern bavaria around of Nuremberg “Franken” (engl.: franconia) and was called “FrankenMUN”. As the conference became bigger and more international, the name was soon changed to the well known word “Bayern” (engl.: bavaria), and was renamed to what we know today as “BayernMUN”. After switching the location from Neuendettelsau to Nuremberg and accomplishing a larger reform of the conference in structure, design and professionality in 2016/2017 the conference has the appearance it has today. BayernMUN is especially known for its quality in chair, organization and rules of procedure among the German and European world of Model UN. In 2021, due to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic, the BayernMUN21 was held online for the first time.