The conference (as well as the accomodation) will take place at the ,,Eppelein-Saal” of Youth Hostel Nuremberg. The hall is located at the Youth Hostel Nuremberg, Burg 2, 90403 Nuremberg, right next to the Nuremberg castle. It is a 5 minute walk away from Nuremberg Central Market (Hauptmarkt)
The accommodation will be at the renewed Jugendherberge Nürnberg in three to six people dorms.
Hotel Name: “DJH Jugendherberge Nürnberg”
Address: Burg 2, 90403 Nürnberg
More information will follow by the end of November.
Committees and Topics
In 2021 BayernMUN is simulating two committees in Nuremberg, the General Assembly and the Security Council. Due to COVID-19, the number of delegates is limited to 58 (General Assembly) and 14 (Security Council).
In addition, BayernMUN will be offering a General Assembly committee online. The committee will be separate from the in-person committee. However, delegates will be able to participate in a panel discussion and virtual social events.
Delegations of two are encouraged but not mandatory for the General Assembly and not possible in the Security Council.
TOPIC 1: Using Nuclear Technology to Achieve the SDGs
TOPIC 2: Migration and Human Rights
TOPIC 1: Resource Scarcity and Its Relation to Conflict
TOPIC 2: The Situation in Yemen
Find the Background-Guides for the topics under Downloads.
NOTE: In the first formal session, there will be a vote about the agenda for the conference, this means the order of the agenda could be changed.
Visa & chair application
There is no application procedure for chairs/staff, as the conference is fully staffed by people we know in order to ensure a consistent, high-quality experience for all participants.
We offer a letter of confirmation before and after the payment has been completed (only for non-EU citizens). This letter confirms your registration for the conference. If you need one that also states explicitly that you have paid for all relevant associated costs during the conference, we will provide another letter after fulfilling the payment. Please ask for it once you have completed your registration or your payment.
An invitation letter may help with the visa application, but it is no guarantee. Obviously, we can only confirm your full participation with accommodation (if booked) and board after we have received your payment. If you are unsure about your chances for a visa, please check with the embassy or consulate. The visa application process is different, depending on the country you are applying from and your personal circumstances. This is the reason why we cannot directly help you to get the visa. The only reliable source of information concerning your visa application will be the German embassy or consulate responsible for your area. We can only provide an inofficial letter of invitation and cannot issue an official one because it would mean that we cover any expenses and are legally responsible to ensure that you comply with the visa terms and conditions. Please make sure to start the visa application process as early as possible. A regular tourist visa is sufficient. If you need an invitation letter, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All clothing must adhere to guidelines that portray professionalism and modesty.
• Standard delegate attire for the conference is business jacket, slacks/skirt, dress shirt (with tie for men) and dress shoes.
• Dress sweaters, jeans, sneakers, and sunglasses are considered too casual. Clothes that expose excessive bare skin or are otherwise revealing are inappropriate.
• It is not appropriate for delegates to display any national symbols such as flags, pins, crests, etc. on their person during sessions. UN symbols are acceptable.
• Western business dress is preferred. Traditional dress is only permitted for international delegates in whose native countries professional business dress includes traditional cultural dress. BayernMUN will not tolerate any delegate’s attempt to portray a “character” using traditional cultural attire as a costume.
Please adhere to the dress code and code of conduct of the United Nations. International business attire and diplomatic decorum is mandatory during sessions.
The chair reserves the right to sanction delegates who are not dressed properly. A dress code guide for BayernMUN is available by going to “Downloads”.
BayernMUN issues a total amount of eleven awards in three different categories:
1. The Chair Awards will be distributed by the Dais. Areas of evaluation are remaining “in character”, Participating in committee and Proper use of the Rules of Procedure.
2. The Peer-Awards are distributed by the committee. During the last day, each present delegation may vote for the delegetations, they consider most successful.
3. The Position Papers will be read by a special committe, which will chose the best written and researched papers. To participate for this award you will have to hand in your Position Paper on time.
Detailed information on award criteria will follow soon.
Age and participants
BayernMUN is open for university students aswell as for school students. Participation without supervision is only possible for delegates who are older than 16 years at the time of the conference. Students younger than 16 years will have to be supervised by a teacher or any other adult. Please contact the secretariat in this case. The participation in social activities in the evenings might be restricted for delegates under 18 years.
Virtual Social Events
More information will be announced.
Being close to the famous city of Nuremberg, we offer participants an additional touristic program before the conference starts. Let us introduce you to a charming and lively medieval city with a huge range of thrilling historic impacts.
- the city of the first assembly of nobles under several German Kings in the Middle Ages;
- the city that has better than others reconstructed the medieval flair of a vivid center of merchandizing, the arts and craftsmenship;
- the city of Albrecht Dürer, the famous painter and contemporary of Martin Luther;
- the place where Adolf Hitler celebrated the annual conventions of his Nazi movement, called Reichsparteitage and where the Nazi leaders were trialed and found their just punishment after the end of World War II;
- a city that prides itself nowadays with being the City of HUMAN RIGHTS and that engages in many activities promoting the idea of HUMAN RIGHTS;
- a city with the skyline of its impressive world famous medieval castle called the Kaiserburg, the Emperors’ castle;
- a hospitable city with a huge amount of very traditional as well as en vogue gastronomy, famous beers and ambitious cuisine.
Please be aware that there can’t be a staff member with you at every stage of the “Discover Nuremberg” program. This offer is intended for participants of the BayernMUN conference and is organized on a non-profit basis. Are you interested? Please contact us!
History of BayernMUN
BayernMUN was founded in 2011. It first started with the local name of the region of northern bavaria around of Nuremberg “Franken” (engl.: franconia) and was called “FrankenMUN”. As the conference became bigger and more international the name was soon changed to the well known word “Bayern” (engl.: bavaria), and was renamed to what we know today as “BayernMUN”. After switching the location from Neuendettelsau to Nuremberg and accomplishing a larger reform of the conference in structure, design and professionality in 2016/2017 the conference has the appearance it has today. BayernMUN is especially known for its quality in chair, organisation and rules of procedure among the German and European world of Model UN.
The following criteria are used by the conference staff to evaluate Position Papers:
- Overall quality of writing, proper style, grammar, etc.
- Citation of relevant resolutions/documents
- General consistency with bloc/geopolitical constraints
- Consistency with the constraints of the United Nations
- Analysis of issues, rather than reiteration of the Committee Background Guide
Please send in your position paper by 15th February 2021 12pm to email@example.com. Please submit all papers as PDF documents and name the file: BayernMUN_country name.
We will make all position papers available for download to all registered delegates at the latest one week before the conference starts.
After the deadline the position papers can be found here for download.
You can find the template for the position papers HERE